Berke Miller Law Group attorneys have represented clients in a wide variety of business, securities and real estate transactions. We bring a results-oriented approach to business matters, and provide clients with general counseling and risk management advice and strategies. In addition to corporate/limited liability company/partnership formations, our attorneys handle local, national and international transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equipment leasing and purchases, distribution contracts, secured and unsecured credit transactions, internet-related ventures, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasing and construction-related matters.
In addition, we also help clients successfully resolve complex environmental problems by emphasizing preventative measures, managing site assessments and remediation projects, supervising consultants’ report preparation, and providing effective interaction with governmental regulators.
- Handled $195 million acquisition of an avionics and flight instrumentation business.
- Negotiated $80 million acquisition of an international industrial coatings business with operations in England, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Represented owners during construction phase of projects, including administration of construction contract, enforcement of time requirements, disputes over change orders, and tenant relations.
- Handled purchases and sales of multiple office buildings and industrial sites.
- Handled $8 million purchase of a gourmet fruit juice enterprise.
- Handled all aspects of $20 million cleanup of contaminated industrial site.
- Represented client in obtaining a $20 million revolving credit facility.
- Assisted client in obtaining $75 million Vendor Finance Program for equipment leasing.
- Negotiated and drafted international warehousing, transportation, and distribution services contract.
- Negotiated and drafted management services agreement for multi-site optical chain.
- Prepared website access and database licensing agreements for startup internet companies.
- Drafted complex technology licensing, distribution, and independent sales representative agreements for
international manufacturing client.
- Represented architectural firm in a 1 million square foot retail design development project.
- Negotiation and drafting of a joint venture agreement for the development, design, marketing, manufacture and sale of home, garden and holiday décor products into the United States from China.
- Lease of 12,000 square feet of general office space in Agoura.
- Drafting of Confidential Offering Circular and associated agreements to obtain $100M Revolving Credit Warehouse Facility for funding auto leases in the sub-prime and non-prime automobile leasing industry.
- Sale of $10+ million manufacturing company servicing the recreational vehicle industry.
- Sale of $7+ million technology and service company operating in the real estate industry.
- Merger of a $1+ million service business in the beauty and hair care industry.
- Preparing franchise agreements and offering materials for a chain of coffee stores.
- Restructuring 46 real estate limited partnerships and negotiating with lenders. The partnerships own apartment buildings, and we are restructuring each partnership to limit the general partners’ liability exposure.
- Negotiating and drafting Internet/Web Site Joint Venture Agreements for traffic information with a major newspaper in Los Angeles and a major radio station owner/operator.
- Drafting of franchise agreement, subfranchisor agreement, franchise offering materials and registration of Uniform Franchise Offering Circular in California and Washington.
- Acquisition, remediation, and leasing of 3 gasoline stations for use as fast food restaurants.
- Cleanup of a 2 dry cleaners and allocation of remediation costs among several successive owners.
- Remediation of three manufacturing facilities, located in Long Beach, Oakland and Newark, California.
- Negotiation and drafting of an environmental liabilities allocation agreement among successive property owners.